Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

A hill of beans....


Checked in Fajr approaches, unfortunately I was unable to get a Window seat, a chance to see la sécheresse; the growing Sahara, I missed a window seat ticket to what would turn out to be a permiere viewing of Casablanca staring me.

Met Tesslim Salauden at the airport, we finished from the same Alma Mater, the Federal Univesity of Technology Minna, I knew I would meet a famillar face. His entourage of jellof rice and ox tail pepper soup helped ferry the night away.

I havn't made a stop over since my return trip from Dakar. For a muslim a to fly over the Sufi ocean south of Spain, to make a mere "stopover" at Morocco is a bad tease to the beautiful Magreb, Fez, Agadir, Casablanca, Bogart and Bergman.

An unwarranted insult to a concrete noun. But the heart is the from the King, of the King, and to the King. Let's all pray to wear Moroccan sandals one day. Amen, Amin, Om.

No comments:

Post a Comment